Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Trip Report #7

Saw SF today, combat style - we would stop at a site, jump out, take a picture, and then back into the truck and on to the next site. Not my style of sight-seeing, but at least I got to see some stuff - Golden Gate bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, the curvy road, China Town, and a few other things that I don't recognize.

I had to drop off the travel trailer for some repairs this morning. I am picking it up tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, taking it to the docks, and then I hit the road again.

Next stop - Vegas! I'm staying at Caesar's Palace. It's amazing how cheap you can stay at a 4 or 5 star hotel if you do it during the week. I'm still not quite decided on whether to see certain things that are kinda-sorta on the way. I know I'll regret it if I don't, but I'll feel pressured to drive more than I should if I do.

Among those items still up in the air are LA/Hollywood, Death Valley (Dante's View is supposed to be magnificent), Montery Point, and a few other things.

Chances are, I'll hit death valley and leave the rest for another trip/time.

Gotta get some sleep. I was up until 3:30 am, have been tired for days, and have to be up at 6:30 am tomorrow. Additionally, time starts working against me while headed home (time zones - time jumps forward, not back).

g'night.

No comments: