Monday, August 22, 2005

Trip Report #6

Miles covered to this point: about 5200
Tonight is Sunday (Monday morning)

I'm writing the above because it's getting hard to keep the days straight; they are all starting to run together.


Spent the entire day driving the Pacific Coast Highway from somewhere in OR (maybe 100 miles north of CA?.. it was further away than I thought).

*beautiful* scenery.. saw the giant redwoods. Awe inspiring. Awesome saw more asian and later, hispanic women then I could shake my d*** at.

Stopped to wake up, do laundry, wash the truck. The "low clearance" sign at the car wash wasn't exactly accurate and the overhead pipe took out the front vent on the trailer and did some minor damage to the roof. So much for "free" fuel to SF.. the $ I'm getting paid will now be going to fix the trailer. Hopefully this gets done in time so the customer doesn't see what happened.

I'm only planning on staying in SF on Monday and then leaving first thing on Tues. If this can't be fixed tomorrow, but can be on Tuesday, I'll be staying here an extra day, probably bypassing either Vegas or the grand canyon and hauling ass home.

If it can't be fixed on Tuesday either, then the customer will just have to see it, be pissed, and give my company a poor review. This thing has to be in the terminal area to go on a cargo ship headed for Hawaii at 7am Weds morning.


Made it to SF about 9, should have been at the inlaw's house by 9:15. Traffic is HELL here. I couldn't get to the correct lane to get on the freeway I needed to be on (try changing 7 lanes with a 50 foot vehicle in 1/4 mile at rush hour and you've got a pretty good idea of what I was up against).

The GPS re-routed me. The new route was detoured. I was fucked. 1 hour, 3 passes across the bridge and $8 in tolls later, I was in the subdivision. It took another 30 minutes to find the street, get un-stuck from the apartment parking lot I turned in and get TO the right street.. another 15 minutes to make/find a suitable parking space.

A quick hello, dinner, pet the psychotic dog, shower, update the travel logs/blog, and it's off to bed.

Pictures should be coming soon. I haven't had the time, energy, or connectivity to deal with them.

No comments: