Saturday, August 20, 2005

Trip Report #4

Drove to Tacoma this morning, stopping at a Flying J truck stop so I could check email. Good thing. The customer sent me email asking that I call him when I reach Ellensburg (I think that was the town)... turns out that's where the truck stop was.

I called him, we met up in Port of Tacoma, talked for about 15 minutes. He's a pretty cool guy. He's one of the biggest RV and boat dealers in Washington and has a lot of stuff going on He's talking about getting another boat in 2 weeks, but hauling that one himself. He said he may have more business for me in a few months. Sounds like family vacation time!

Washington has the worst roads ever. All concrete that has shifted from the harsh winters. My kidneys hurt and I actually had a filling come slightly loose.

Drove to Anacortes, took a ferry ride over to San Juan island in hopes of seeing a whale. No such luck. I did see the Puget sound, which was cool. Checked out the night life, ate in a chinese restaurant, sleeping for a few hours in a parking lot as the campground apparently no longer exists. :/

Tomorrow I will see the fish market and space needle, then head out to Newport, OR to pick up the trailer that I need to transport to Oakland, CA.

No comments: