Saturday, July 16, 2005

Here's Some Irony for Ya!

Getting ready for my trip to Oshkosh, WI (Biggest airshow in the country). I'm planning on buying materials or a kit to build my own plane. I've been doing a lot of research and have it narrowed down to about 5-6 companys for a 4 seat plane (finances and wanting to get it in the air quickly - but with safety being the number one priority - may dictate a 2 seat plane).

I've started gathering tools. Being that purchasing all the required tools would cost $3k-$4k, and really wanting to spend the money where it counts (on materials), I decided to check out Harbor Freight to see what could be purchased there.

I'm generally of the mindset of "buy the right tool, buy the best, buy it once, and take care of it"... I've been burned way too many times by cheap tools. Now, if y'all know anything at all about Harbor Freight, you know that their stuff is dirt cheap.. in no small part due to the Chinese slave labor used to make the tools.

Here's the irony. every single customer in there except for me, as well as 2 of the four employees were african-american.

Now you would think that since they are still throwing the whole damn slavery thing in our face 100-200 years later like it's MY fault... they would be the last ones to support something like this.

I guess slavery and forced labor is only bad if affects your own people?.. or all they all just full of shit about the importance of their rights, and buying a hammer for $3 instead of $8 is a higher priority.

Either way, whatever the reason, it's fucked up.

No comments: