Friday, March 11, 2005

Another Bizarre Mishap

Another busy, crazy, hectic day at work. Oncall started today and we've got a lot of big systems (as in "each system acts like 30 systems" big) going down for patching.. it's going to be a LONG weekend and upcoming week.

The girl I see occasionally stopped by. Not much time to play with all the work stuff going on.

The power goes out for half the day.. yup, that helped me get a lot of work done. *sneer*

Watched spiderman 2 tonight, got paged... slave to the machine, I am.

My apologies for this blog being so damn boring lately. I'm full-blown sick again (different antibiotic started today), work is nuts, I'm oncall, and just generally uninspired at the moment.

Ok, one perhaps slightly amusing thing. That is, if you find amusement in other's suffering. Those who know me know that I have the freakiest little accidents occur. Like the one a few months ago where I was reaching into a 12 pack box for a beer and the cardboard got shoved under my thumbnail so far that it tore one side of the nail loose from my finger.

This month's entry into the klutz hall of fame: I start to blow my nose. All of a sudden my eye starts hurting like hell, feels completely dried out, and all I can see is blue. I run to the bathroom to try to flush it out and see what the heck is going on. It turns out that when I held the tissue up to my nose, the corner of it touched my eye, I blinked, and the (blue) tissue stuck *under my eyelid*. Of course all the blinking and rubbing only served to scratch/irritate my eye something awful, as it's been 6 hours and it's still bothering me a LOT.

Amused? I hope so, 'cause it's all I've got.

Back to work now.

No comments: