Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A Long, Musical Day

I went into the office today for a change. It took almost 1.5 hours to get there... surprising considering I left at 8:30. No wonder I work from home! Riding home, it was 60 degrees, and I had the iRiver pumping tunes through my Chatterbox GMRS X1; life was perfect. I could have rode for hours. Of course that means that I made it in record time: 45 minutes.

Hardly worked at all today. Class in the morning, then packed up my desk, spent a few hours trying to chase down a hub so I can move my system, stopped by and saw a lot of people and asked questions about various bits and pieces of my projects they are working on, and spent about 1-1.5 hours talking to my sometimes pseudo girlfriend. It was refreshing to sit and have a sane conversation with someone and have them be genuinely interested in what I was saying.

I thought maybe I'd be playing pool this evening, but nobody called. No matter, I got out of work late anyway (about 7pm)... and it was *so* nice riding. I may just have to take a few hours tomorrow afternoon and do it again. It's amazing how much smoother I am in the corners when my muscles aren't semi-rigid from the cold. lol!

It also seems to help having music on. Maybe it's just enough distraction to keep me from over-thinking things. I may have to try hooking up the iRiver for the next track day.

It's 12:20am. Gotta grab some ZZZzzzz.

L8r world.

No comments: