Friday, January 28, 2005

Through the Vaseline-Coated Looking Glass with My Head Tilted Curiously to the Side

Hello boys and girls!

My eyes are *so* bleary. 14 hours of staring at the screen yesterday, 12 today. I don't know how people do this for 8 hours with a crappy monitor and/or with super-small text like some of my co-workers do.

I had planned on inviting S&L over tonight for a movie, but haven't heard back from the last two emails I've sent.. they might be out of town or still having computer issues. I was going to call them, but just got a call from D&M asking if we want to go out. I guess it'd be kind of rude to say no and then invite S&L over.

I know what I'm in the mood for... Either a steak or a Hardees 2/3lb Bacon Cheeseburger and a Coke. Followed by a smoke and a beer.

Instead, Hmm, let's see, what's on the menu for tonight:

- A veggie burger (which not only doesn't taste like a burger, but is the size of a cheap sausage patty)
- 2 cups mixed greens with a whopping 2 Tbsp of non-fat dressing.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 serving fruit of choice.

That will be followed by a craving for a smoke and a cup of hot water. Then some household chores and a cold shower.

Man, I really need to start getting out of the house at least once during the week. My outlook on things really sucks by Friday. Yup, gotta get out more often at least until spring when I can spend some quality time soaking in the sun. SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) seems to get worse every year. That's not entirely true, this year hasn't been too bad so far. If I make it through Feb (without sinking into the the dark abyss of depression), things will be fine.

I've got to find a way to get these dogs some exercise. I think Buddy is more depressed than I am. Sometimes I walk up and pet him and he doesn't even bother to move his eyes.

19:40 - Update on the mail issue. After going through the logs, I determined the email was never received. Skip sent another message that got through. Very strange... almost like Mindspring either deleted the mail queue or turned off the mail server. But.. thinking about this more, it was 4 days that we didn't receive mail from them, which means they've probably got a mail server that's actively receiving mail but nothing sending. Oh well. At least it's working for them now.



I'm going to watch a movie, and hopefully fall asleep and wake to a much brighter day. Let's hope that ice storms misses us!

No comments: