Thursday, February 17, 2005

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

So I lied. I am writing a second blog entry today. Somehow continuing the entry I started earlier today doesn't feel right.

I went to the Webster's site, typed in 'fuck', and then entered my guess at that ever elusive password for the economic theory question. I could have *sworn* I had it with 'MATHEMATIZATION', but I was wrong. Damn!!!

*Finally* got all of the Christmas decorations down except for one set of icicle lights on the inside that are being keept for mood lighting. Understand that the extent of christmas decorations this year was some garland on the bannister, the aforementioned icicle lights over the kitchen and hallway, and a couple strings of icicle lights over the deck. It's not like there's still a tree in the window (which one of our neighbors did have until last week) or a Santa on the roof.

I'm either getting really old or going through some weird musical phase. I've really liked big-band/swing music ever since I started listening to it a couple of years ago. These past few weeks though, I've actually preferred it to everything else.

The funny thing is, if you really listen to the words, it's some of the most imaginitive, expressive, full-of-sexual-innuendo music out there. Louis Jordon is good for that. There's a song about milking a mule. Yes, you read that right. Then of course there is "Caldonia".. perhaps the most re-made song in big band history. It's all about this crazy chick that his mom warns him to stay away from, but she's just rockin' his world.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of the same old music. I'm a music fiend, but lately, nothing inspires me, nothing makes me feel it right *here* the way it used to. I wonder if maybe it's (additional) hearing loss. Let's hope not. I spent a small fortune on this stereo! Maybe that's it. I just cranked up the stereo loud while listening to Malaguena (Stan Kenton). I think the speakers are changing my taste in music. Not that rock/pop sounds bad on these speakers, but when I turn it loud.. damn if it doesn't sound like there's a real band in here (or at least outside the window).

practicinghedonists and vueaskew have been giving me some pointers lately about the one thing we have most in common (or at least what brought us together in the first place). Wow, lots to think about. Thanks guys! Now I just have to figure out which part to focus on first (ADD does that to a person).

I don't know how much anybody else here is following what's happening in the blogging world, but it is quickly becoming an accepted means of journalism. There are quite a few people out there scraping together a living by doing this... and their entries are typically a couple of paragraphs and links to the interesting stuff they've found that day. I'm beginning to think that's the easiest job in the world. I sit here without a thing to write, look back a few minutes later and I've typed out several pages (Much to the chagrin of my readers, I'm sure; since I had nothing to say.. I'm possibly just making this into "much ado about nothing").

9:04pm. Just received a page. Gotta work. buh-bye.

No comments: